Log in

No account? Create an account

Copyright Infringement and Me


Previous Entry Copyright Infringement and Me Nov. 3rd, 2010 @ 11:14 pm Next Entry
Date:November 5th, 2010 02:16 pm (UTC)

Have copyright attorney write a letter?

If I was in this situation I'd find a good copyright attorney willing to write a certified letter to the editor of Cooks Source, pointing out that they did violate the law and that your demands now are modest compared to what will occur if Cooks doesn't respond (or words to that effect). The idea is to suggest that your claim, if it remains unanswered, would turn into a federal copyright case against Cooks and/or possible litigation that could cost them a lot more than an apology and $130. With luck you might even find someone to do it pro bono, especially if the attorney likes publicity. In Detroit I would start with Feiger Law.
(Replies frozen) (Thread)
Top of Page Powered by LiveJournal.com