Log in

No account? Create an account

Copyright Infringement and Me - Illadore's House o Crack — LiveJournal

About Copyright Infringement and Me

Previous Entry Copyright Infringement and Me Nov. 3rd, 2010 @ 11:14 pm Next Entry
Date:November 5th, 2010 07:57 pm (UTC)
You can sue them for copyright infringement. Even if you don't have a federal copyright, there is an implicit common law copyright. They basically admitted to you that they stole it. Since they're a major publication, I'd ask for punitive damages too. I'm not sure where you live, but I know Chicago has pro bono groups for this kind of stuff.

I know a lot about copyright law - it was my primary focus in law school. As a writer, this is outrageous to me. Email me if you want to discuss it more

(Replies frozen) (Parent) (Thread)
Top of Page Powered by LiveJournal.com